The Rotary Club of Box Hill’s 2020/21 Community Grants program supported six local community organizations, to the value of $9,205.
Community Grant Recipients for 2021 were:
|Organisation Name||Project Name||Brief Project Description|
|Avenue Neighbourhood House @Eley||Shade Sail||Replacement of shade sail for outdoor groups and events|
|Louise Multicultural Community Centre||Early Mind Matters||Commence a Healing Yoga Course and purchase equipment to facilitate health and wellbeing opportunities|
|Kerrimuir Neighbourhood House||Oasis@Kerrimuir||Creation of a community garden/relaxation space|
|Alkira Centre Box Hill||Lounge Replacement||Enhancing the home setting in residential care for the intellectually disabled|
|Nunawading Toy Library||Busy Toddler Play||Provision of new toys to aid Active Play|
|Donvale Nunawading Girl Guides||Updating Hall Equipment||Rejuvenation of vital equipment to encourage participation and ongoing education|
How to apply: Complete the application form, attach all relevant quotes and a copy of your most recent Annual Report.
Maximum grant: $2,000.00
Closing date for applications: Friday 9 April 2021 – by 5pm.
- Applicants will be contacted by 14 April 2021 and informed if successful or unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be required to give a short presentation at our Community Grants Presentation Night on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
2021 Community Grant Application Form (PDF)
2021 Community Grant Application Form (Word)
Please return completed application forms, together with a copy of your Annual Report, by close of business on above-mentioned closing date addressed to:Community Services Coordinator
Rotary Club of Box Hill Burwood
PO Box 59
BOX HILL VIC 3128
If you have any queries regarding the Community Grants initiative or wish to submit an application by email, please contact Rotarian Tim Lynn on email firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNITY GRANTS PROJECTS: Selection Criteria
Eligibility for funding through Community Grants is dependent on the following criteria:
- The organization must be an existing group delivering community service within, or nearby, the environs of the Box Hill area
- The organization should be incorporated and have published an annual report and accounts within the previous twelve month period
- Preference will be given to projects that support persons in need, particularly in the areas of youth, the elderly, or persons with physical or intellectual disabilities
- Funding is to be for a specific program, project, or piece of equipment, but not for normal recurrent expenditure items
- Strict accounting rules apply to ensure that the funds were spent in accordance with the grant submission. Photographic or written evidence of completion needs to be submitted to the Community Services Coordinator upon completion of your nominated project
- The Rotary Club reserves the right not to disburse funds, in part or at all, if suitable submissions are not received
- Grants will not be confirmed until a suitable interview has been conducted with intended recipients
- Relationships forged with applicants, whether successful or not, could lead to alternative support projects being developed between the two organizations
The total allocation for distribution through our Community Service grants initiative in any one year is decided upon annually by the Board, as is the maximum grant allocation per project.